To Become a Substitute Teacher, you are required to:
- Obtain a substitute application from any one of our 34 local Hall County Schools or our Central Office (located at 711 Green Street, NW, Gainesville, GA 30501). This application is not available on-line, due to the principal’s signature requirement.
- Print PDF application (from link below) complete and attach a copy of your educational records (G.E.D., High School Diploma/ Transcript, College Diploma/Transcript, or Certified Teaching Certificate).
- Make an appointment for an interview with one of the Hall County School System Principals (elementary, middle, or high, or any Assistant Principal). Submit the completed application along with a photocopy of your educational records to the Principal.
- The Principal will review your application and your educational records and complete the recommendation section on the application form. If the Principal recommends you for the substitute position, the Principal will then forward the entire packet to Emily Roper in the Personnel Department at the Central Office.
- Upon receipt of the completed packet, your application will be entered into our database. Invitation letters are mailed approximately two weeks prior to the next available Substitute Teacher Orientation. Due to space limitations, admittance is by invitation only.
- YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SUBSTITUTE TEACH UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE ORIENTATION.
Download Requirements & Application
Sub Teacher Applicant Requirements.pdf